#1 Real Estate Team | Portland, OR | Vancouver, WA | Salem, OR | Bend, OR | Medford, OR | Oregon Coast | Olympia, WA | Seattle, WA | Tacoma, WA
Buying a home can sometimes seem daunting. At The Brokerage House, we have helped thousands of buyers throughout the Portland/Vancouver metropolitan area buy and sell their homes.
We have the experience and expertise necessary to help you through the purchase process - whether you are looking at a penthouse condo in the Pearl or a sprawling estate in the 'burbs…or something in between. Here's what you can expect when you work with The Brokerage House:
1. Making The Decision To Buy A Home
Deciding to buy a home is one of the biggest decisions you will ever make. There are some amazing opportunities currently available in the Portland/Vancouver real estate market. Interest rates are at an all-time low and home prices throughout the metropolitan area are continuing to drop. It truly is a incredible time to buy a home!
2. Hiring The Brokerage House
At The Brokerage House, we take the time to get to know all of our buyers individually and fully understand their unique needs when it comes to buying a home. This allows us to advocate on your behalf - from start to finish. Our ultimate goal is to make your dream of homeownership a reality.We Will:
- Educate you about the current real estate market.
- Understand your needs for your new home.
- Research homes currently for sale that fit your unique criteria.
- Coordinate with other industry professionals during the process (i.e. mortgage lenders, title insurance, etc.).
- Negotiate with the home seller on your behalf.
- Intercept any issues before they arise.
3. Securing Financing
Your mortgage lender will pre-approve you for a certain amount for your home loan; however, you will ultimately decide what you're comfortable paying every month when it comes to your mortgage payment. You will need to determine how much you're willing to stretch your budget in order to get into your next home. At The Brokerage House, we have relationships with the crème de la crème of mortgage professionals in the Portland/Vancouver area and we are happy to refer them to you. Securing financing is a critical step of the home-buying process.
4. Finding Your Home
Once you are pre-approved for a home loan, you can begin your home search! Given the number of homes currently on the market, searching for a home can sometimes seem overwhelming. Through our network of sellers, new home builders and other real estate professionals, we often know about properties before they even hit the market.
In addition, our in-depth knowledge of all neighborhoods and communities throughout thePortlandarea allows us to find you the perfect match when it comes to your needs and what you're looking for in your new neighborhood.Consider these questions:
- Location: What do I want my new home to be close to?
- Size: How much space do I need?
- Which is more important: location or size?
- Am I interested in a fixer-upper or a home that may need some remodeling?
- Is home value appreciation important to me?
- Is neighborhood stability important to me?
- Would I be interested in a condo or townhouse?
- What features and amenities do I want? Which do I really need?
5. Making An Offer
When you've found the home you love, the next step is to make an offer. We will carefully research similar homes in the same neighborhood and conduct a comparative market analysis (CMA) to establish the fair market value of the home you're interested in. Our comprehensive knowledge of the localPortlandmarket allows us to develop an offer that not only appeals to the seller, but also takes into consideration your interests.
6. Inspecting The Home
It is important to conduct a home inspection (which we recommend you attend) to expose any hidden issues within the home. This allows you to know what you're getting into before you close on the home. Depending on the home's age and location, there may be additional inspections we recommend, including sewer scopes and structural inspections.
7. Closing On Your New Home
After you've made an offer on the home and the home inspection is complete, there a few, final pre-closing responsibilities to consider.These include:
- Continue to be mindful of your credit and finances. Speak with your lender before making any large purchases during this time.
- Stay in touch with your real estate agent, your lender and escrow officer.
- Return all correspondence and complete all paperwork in a timely manner. Confirm with all parties that you have the settlement statement, certified funds and evidence of insurance prior to closing.
- Conduct a final walk-through of the home with your real estate agent.
8. Protecting Your Home
Congratulations on your new home! Even though the sale is complete, at The Brokerage House we hope our relationship with you is not. Even after closing, we are always available - should you need us to provide information for your tax returns or you need help find contractors and repair services. Our goal is to establish life-long relationships with all of our clients.